FSC staff discusses safety with social media and online dating with WREG.
Additional Safety Tips When Meeting Someone You Met Online:
- Don’t give out your contact information or address, even if they say they want it to send flowers or a gift.
- Never walk to a first date. You may be followed home if you do.
- Google the person you are meeting to ensure they are who they say they are.
- Meet in a well-lit, public place. Do not let them pick you up.
- Tell a trusted friend where you are going, who you are with, and what time to expect you to follow-up to let them know you are home safely.
- Don’t let your drink out of your sight.